Don’t forget your annual fee of $110 (per family) and your signed Handbook form. See you soon!! 🙂
The 2016-2017 Band Season Begins Thursday, September 8
Our band provides several opportunities for students at any level!
Here is what our band offers:
- Beginning Band: For students with no previous band experience (grades 4-12). Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Beginners typically start with group lessons only for the first few weeks. At the beginning of October, Beginning Band practices for the first time as a complete group. Beginning band meets Thursday morning.
- Concert Band: For students who have played their instruments for at least one year. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Concert Band meets Thursday mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Jazz Band: For students who have completed Essential Elements Book 2 and above. This group includes Symphonic and Concert Band members. The Jazz Band rehearses one half-hour every other week. Jazz Band meets Thursday mid-afternoon.
- Symphonic Band: For experienced band students, by audition (for chair placement). Symphonic Band rehearsal is one hour each week. Symphonic Band meets Thursday afternoon.
- Ensembles: For Symphonic Band members only. We have a Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Woodwind (clarinet/saxophone) Ensemble, and a Percussion Ensemble. The Ensembles rehearse one half-hour every other week. Ensembles meet Thursday mid-afternoon.
- High School Band: For Symphonic Band members in grades 9-12. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long. High School Band meets Thursday late afternoon.
You can register here. You can pay tuition and registration fees here.
Payment registration is now open! If you have completed Step 1 of the registration process, you can now complete Steps 2 and 3. Please click on the “Registration” tab for more information. Any questions – please email us!
Symphonic Band auditions will be held at Bethlehem Baptist church on August 24 & 25. Mr. B is assigning audition times. Please contact him for an audition time if you have not already done so.
We will be holding two informational sessions for our homeschool band, we will discuss everything you need to know about our band (changes, registration, etc.). All current band families as well as new and/or interested families are strongly encouraged to attend.
We have scheduled two times on this day to accommodate most parent’s schedules. Please choose which time and location works best for your family – the same information will be given at both meetings.
Meeting Option #1:
Thursday, July 28, 2016 @ 11:00am
St. Anthony Library (Hennepin County)
2941 Pentagon Dr. N.E.
St. Anthony, MN 55418
Meeting Option #2:
Thursday, July 28, 2016 @ 7:00pm
Brooklyn Park Library (Shingle Creek Room)
8500 W. Broadway Ave.
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Please sign-up here for the 2016-2017 school year. You need only fill out one registration form per family. This form is a secured google form.
If you have any questions about the registration form, please us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Welcome to our new home. The Shoreview Homeschool Band is now known as the Twin Cities Homeschool Band. More information will be available regarding changes for the 2015-2016 Band Season. Stay Tuned.