Spring Concert May 18, 2018 @ 7pm
Roseville Lutheran Church
1215 Roselawn Ave. W
Roseville, MN 55113
If you haven’t heard as of yet, Mr. B. is retiring this year. May 18, 2018 will be his final concert with our band. If you are receiving this email, it is because you are either a current or past member of the band. The concert is to be held at 7pm in the sanctuary at Roseville Lutheran Church. Their address is 1215 Roselawn Ave W, Roseville, MN 55113.
Please make plans to attend as we are hoping to give Mr. B. a warm send-off! Any and all alumni are encouraged to attend. You are also encouraged to play the final piece with our current band. If you’d like a copy of the piece, send an email to email@example.com.
This will be a memorable evening! We hope you will join us and help us spread the word to anyone who may be interested.
Band Monitor Sign-up Information is Available
Here is the Band Monitor sign-up LINK.
Registration Is now Open. You can register here.
Why Join Us? Our band provides several opportunities for students at any level!
Here is what our band offers:
- Beginning Band: For students with no previous band experience (grades 4-12). Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Beginners typically start with group lessons only for the first few weeks. At the beginning of October, Beginning Band practices for the first time as a complete group. Beginning band meets Thursday morning.
- Concert Band: For students who have played their instruments for at least one year. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Concert Band meets Thursday mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Jazz Band: For students who have completed Essential Elements Book 2 and above. This group includes Symphonic and Concert Band members. The Jazz Band rehearses one half-hour every other week. Jazz Band meets Thursday mid-afternoon.
- Symphonic Band: For experienced band students, by audition (for chair placement). Symphonic Band rehearsal is one hour each week. Symphonic Band meets Thursday afternoon.
- Ensembles: For Symphonic Band members only. We have a Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Woodwind (clarinet/saxophone) Ensemble, and a Percussion Ensemble. The Ensembles rehearse one half-hour every other week. Ensembles meet Thursday mid-afternoon.
- High School Band: For Symphonic Band members in grades 9-12. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long. High School Band meets Thursday late afternoon.
The bands perform at least two concerts each year. Other opportunities include a community outreach concert, Mall of America concert, and much more!