Registration for our 2019-2020 band season begins August 1st
Our website is in the process of being updated for the 2019-2020 season.
Please go here to begin the registration process.
- 10:30a-11:30a Open House and Instrument Petting Zoo. Come and ask questions and explore different instruments if you are new and uncertain what you would like to play.
- 11:30a-12:00p Parent Meeting. Review of the program, question and answer
- 12:00p-1:00p Welcome Back!! Pizza Lunch
Why Join Us? Our band provides several opportunities for students at any level!
Here is what our band offers:
- Beginning Band: For students with no previous band experience (grades 4-12). Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Beginners typically start with group lessons only for the first few weeks. At the beginning of October, Beginning Band practices for the first time as a complete group. Beginning band meets Thursday morning.
- Concert Band: For students who have played their instruments for at least one year. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Concert Band meets Thursday mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Jazz Band: For students who have completed Essential Elements Book 2 and above. This group includes Symphonic and Concert Band members. The Jazz Band rehearses one half-hour every other week. Jazz Band meets Thursday mid-afternoon.
- Symphonic Band: For experienced band students, by audition (for chair placement). Symphonic Band rehearsal is one hour each week. Symphonic Band meets Thursday afternoon.
- Ensembles: For Symphonic Band members only. We have a Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Woodwind (clarinet/saxophone) Ensemble, and a Percussion Ensemble. The Ensembles rehearse one half-hour every other week. Ensembles meet Thursday mid-afternoon.
- High School Band: For Symphonic Band members in grades 9-12. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long. High School Band meets Thursday late afternoon.
The bands perform at least two concerts each year. Here are the planned 2018-2019 Concerts:
Mall of America Concert