Band Monitor Sign-up Information is Available
Here is the Band Monitor sign-up LINK.
Registration Is now Open. You can register here.
Why Join Us? Our band provides several opportunities for students at any level!
Here is what our band offers:
- Beginning Band: For students with no previous band experience (grades 4-12). Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Beginners typically start with group lessons only for the first few weeks. At the beginning of October, Beginning Band practices for the first time as a complete group. Beginning band meets Thursday morning.
- Concert Band: For students who have played their instruments for at least one year. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Concert Band meets Thursday mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Jazz Band: For students who have completed Essential Elements Book 2 and above. This group includes Symphonic and Concert Band members. The Jazz Band rehearses one half-hour every other week. Jazz Band meets Thursday mid-afternoon.
- Symphonic Band: For experienced band students, by audition (for chair placement). Symphonic Band rehearsal is one hour each week. Symphonic Band meets Thursday afternoon.
- Ensembles: For Symphonic Band members only. We have a Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Woodwind (clarinet/saxophone) Ensemble, and a Percussion Ensemble. The Ensembles rehearse one half-hour every other week. Ensembles meet Thursday mid-afternoon.
- High School Band: For Symphonic Band members in grades 9-12. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long. High School Band meets Thursday late afternoon.
The bands perform at least two concerts each year. Other opportunities include a community outreach concert, Mall of America concert, and much more!