Meet our Band Director
Affectionately called “Mr. B.”, Bruce Bissonett has extensive instrumental teaching experience on all levels. He received a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Minnesota and a Master’s Degree from Vander Cook College of Music in Chicago. Mr. Bissonett has received a letter of commendation for excellence in education from Sevastopol School. Mr. Bissonett has performed with Allegro Sinfonia, a classical orchestra, and Prevailing Winds, a woodwind quintet. He uses his musical talents to glorify the Lord in the Ran Project and In the Spirit, an evangelical Christian music ministry. At Christ Life Evangelical Church, Mr. B. directs worship.
What Our Band Offers…
- Beginning Band: For students with no previous band experience (grades 4-12). Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Beginners typically start with group lessons only for the first few weeks. At the beginning of October, Beginning Band practices for the first time as a complete group. Beginning band meets Thursday morning.
- Concert Band: For students who have played their instruments for at least one year. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long, with an additional half-hour group lesson. Concert Band meets Thursday mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Jazz Band: For students who have completed Essential Elements Book 2 and above. This group includes Symphonic and Concert Band members. The Jazz Band rehearses one half-hour every other week. Jazz Band meets Thursday mid-afternoon.
- Symphonic Band: For experienced band students, by audition (for chair placement). Symphonic Band rehearsal is one hour each week. Symphonic Band meets Thursday afternoon.
- Ensembles: For Symphonic Band members only. We have a Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Woodwind (clarinet/saxophone) Ensemble, and a Percussion Ensemble. The Ensembles rehearse one half-hour every other week. Ensembles meet Thursday mid-afternoon.
- High School Band: For Symphonic Band members in grades 9-12. Each weekly rehearsal is one half-hour long. High School Band meets Thursday late afternoon.